Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Active Studio Training

Today is my third day of Active Studio Training. I must say I am becoming a new convert. When I first got the news that I would be getting an Active Board, I was not a happy camper. When it arrived, I felt overwhelmed and heavy just like that huge, white, monstrosity that blocked my view. My Principal looked for my excitement, and often came in to see if I was using it with the children. I would repeatedly say, "Not yet."
Under the leadership of Mrs. Rachael Mercer, I now feel somewhat confident and I can now see the awesome and wonderful possibilities this form of technology can lend itself to the enhancement of student achievement.
I am learning to create flip charts, import various media into my flip charts, and to create interactive lessons that will keep my students engaged.

No comments: