Thursday, June 26, 2008

Active Studio Training

I just learned about the Activote. It is a fun and interactive way to enhance, assess and manage students' progress. I got a chance to be the student in the classroom and take a test by way of registering my answer choice on the big screen. The instructor is then able to view answers and collective data as a whole or individually, item by item. Students' answers are anonymous. Choices are made through a hand held, numbered control, pretty much like a remote control. I can thoroughly see how this form of evaluation is and can be most helpful to the students, teacher, and the district.
Data is made available through, spread sheets, charts, and graphs, as well as individual reports. This form of data collection lends itself to fun and adventure. I rank it up there with the Wii.

No comments: